The rehabilitation of the reed lake, a swamp that had become eutrophicated in the Culișer meadow, located in Salonta, Bihor county, has been carried out in the past 3 years within our project based on cross-border public-private partnership.
The Importance of Monitoring Programmes in Bird Conservation (29 February – 1 March 2020)
Organiser: Asociația Milvus Transilvania Vest Salonta, Romania
Over 20 experts from Romania and abroad are expected in Salonta, Romania, at a scientific meeting on monitoring programmes for birds threatened with extinction.
They will present conservation activities designed for species classified as vulnerable by IUCN on the Red List of Threatened Species, such as The Great Bustard (Otis tarda) or the Red-breasted Goose (Branta ruficollis), but also for species whose nesting populations in the Western Romanian Plain plummeted in the last decades, as the European Roller (Coragias garrulus).
After the presentations and discussions, a field trip will be organised on the puszta of Salonta, the Great Bustard being the target species.
- Saturday, 29 February 2020
- (Location: Salonta Town Hall, Small Conference Room)
- The Importance of Monitoring Programmes in Bird Conservation
- 09:00 – 09:15 Patricia Ivanciuc (Secretary of Salonta Town Hall): Welcome of participants
- 09:15 – 09:45 Attila Nagy: Perspectives on Monitoring and Conservation of the Great Bustard population from Salonta-Mezőgyán
- 09:45 – 10:15 J. Szilárd Daróczi, Róbert Zeitz, Lőrinc Bărbos, Attila Nagy: Conservation of the European Roller in the Western Romanian Plain
- 10:15 – 10:45 Coffee break
- 10:45 – 11:15 Emil Todorov: National Report on Current Status and Activities on the Red-breasted Goose (Branta ruficollis) in Romania
- 11:15 – 11:45 Sebastian Bugariu: Monitoring and Conservation Actions for the Pelican Species in Romania
- 11:45 – 12:00 Discussions and conclusions
- Sunday, 1 March 2020
- 07:00 – 12:00 Field trip (depending on the weather conditions) / target species: The Great Bustard.
- Organiser: Milvus Transilvania Vest Association
- Contact person: Nagy Attila (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)